CraftPOP.com Craft Links Directory
Angry Chicken
Get Crafty
Polka Dot Mittens
All Sorts
Naive Knit
Snap Crafty
Be Adorned
Made By Milla
Kraf-O-La
Bell Dia
Good Morning
Zoolie Scarves
Liquid Sky Arts
Rubber Sol
Deb Merlo
Violette
Pink Champagne High
CraftLog
Yarn Tomato
new--Swoozie Ramblings
new--Latte a Day
new--Unbridled Expressions
new--Turkey Feathers



My Labels
MJ Trim
Biz Owner Idea Cafe
Idea Book
Cut-N-Paste
Sampler
Graph Paper
Hobby Hen
Popdex Citations



YOGA
Garage Band



ARCHIVES
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
July 2006
March 2008
April 2008
December 2008


Rate this site:



Free Counter
Ego Meter!
Germans missing the sensitivity chip
 
...I just deleted my previous post, that depicted the beautiful scenery I spent the last week in because it made me feel sick to my stomach after looking at pictures of people wading through chest high water with children in New Orleans. I felt the same way about the earthquake in Iran and the tsunami and bombings in London.

Feels pretty silly to be posting about little felt dolls or beaded this's and that's when thing like this happen. New Orleans will survive. Although, excuse my raging cynicism when I read foreign headlines like this "Katrina Should be A Lesson To US on Global Warming".

For now, it is just best to ignore bad manners. I guess if Germany prefers to be tacky and opportunistic that's their choice. My parents raised me to know that there is a time and place for things and this, to my notion, is at best cheap and unseemly.

And I am not saying either way what effect "global warming" has had...

This Scientist in the NY Times details the normalacy of all of this. I do know Hurricane Camile which occurred 35 years ago was a Cat 5 and had winds of 200mph "producing the highest hurricane tidal surge ever recorded in the United States" with 255 people killed, and 8,900 injured.

I would be interested to hear these German papers explain a LEVEE BREAK resulting out of lower waves and a CAT 3 Hur., as opposed the the CAT 5 Camile, but that is all besides the point right now . It is just one more "oportune" jab with little regard for the people suffering. One thing about the US, though is, no matter how much bashing we take, we never let that get in our way when others need OUR help!



---------------P E A P I E S - H O M E / M A I N / R E C E N T ---------------


-